All of us would like be healthier, to look better, and to live well both physically and spiritually. Living well is almost the entire world’s shared dream.
What is Global Wellness Day
Message from Founder/ Ambassador
Global Wellness Day is an entirely not-for-proﬁt day dedicated to living well, celebrated on the second Saturday of June every year. All activities carried out under Global Wellness Day are free of charge and open to the public.
The fundamental purpose of the day is:
- To recognize the value of our live
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
- To make peace within ourselves
- To bring together nations in an inspiring mission
- To spread the message that wellness is not a luxury but a necessity, the inherent right of every individual.
First celebrated in 2012, Global Wellness Day was established in Turkey as the “first” day dedicated to living well, and has now been accepted worldwide. Reflecting its success, in 2019 Global Wellness Day has been celebrated simultaneously in more than 150 countries at 8000 different locations with different events ranging from a 45K marathon to zumba and from Tai Chi to the medical care of children at the Thailand and Myanmar border and visiting elderly people’s houses.
Global Wellness Day will be celebrated on Saturday, June 12th, 2021.
To get one step closer towards living well, let our manifesto be your starting point.